Genly's journey to Gethen played a key role by being the one to travel over to this planet where the humanoids are very sensitive with their own alien mannerisms. My understanding of this book is different than others because I feel like the left hand of darkness is a symbol for making things whole. Whole in thew sense that there is another hand, not just the left, but also the right. The right hand can be a type of contrast towards the left. If the left hand consumes darkness, than the right hand should be bright. It's something that's bound to happen when worlds collide. I wish the Karhiders would just link up with the alliance of planets, maybe then there would be some unity between the two. I can understand Genly's opposition though, I wouldn't like some aliens comin' through my planet tryna sign me aha. I've also noticed several characters in this novel so far suffer from constant energy struggles. Its a ying yang thang shawty; left hand of darkness, right hand of brightness. What I don't understand is the reason for Genly's awkward approach towards the whole gender thing, and for some reason the whole gender thing doesn't seem to interest me, I like directing my focus towards the characters and how they deliver their thoughts to each other. I still have some questions that need answering but for now I gotta continue reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment