Thursday, November 19, 2015

ask.fm

As most of us already know Ask.fm is a site where it allows a person to ask questions anonymously. When I was in middle school, the rise of trolling happened. As of today trolling isn't really there anymore. Though I remember this sad era as it if it was yesterday. My sister had made an account for me and as this site increasingly became popular I was getting asked more and more questions. I remember most of them were very mean but I had a good amount that were actually very nice and encouraging messages. If it weren't for those positive messages I probably would have deleted my Ask.fm account asap. Just getting that reassurance that there are people out there who stand above trolling/bullying makes me very happy. Cause honestly there's no need for unnecessary bad vibes! Why can't people just be happy and spread love instead of hate??? Stop trolling 2015!

1 comment:

  1. This was a common thing for many people who had that app unfortunately. I noticed that when people were attacked there, they responded in a negative manner which I feel was just what the troll wanted. I always thought to myself why people couldn't just ignore it and move on. I understand now that for some people it's not so easy to just forget about it like it never happened. But replying to the troll with negative responses probably won't help either. Maybe the only answer to stop it isn't within us. Maybe it's the trolls themselves who have to realize what they're doing can have a negative effect on people. Whether they reach that epiphany or not, this is now such a normal thing just about anywhere on the Internet that I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete