Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I Can Wait...

Personally, the only type of writing that I actually REALLY enjoy is when I'm able to be myself and write whatever I want to write. The Commencement speech gives me that opportunity to be funny and share relatable memories with my peers, but I'm honestly having so much trouble (my mom said I'm trying to be TOO funny). I know this isn't the real deal. It's not like we're reading these in front of the entire school, but I can't help to get sad every time I start working on it. I get chills every time I write something that happened my freshman year or reminiscing back on really gross fashion statements that were "in" during middle school. Ive already prepared myself for all the tears that are gonna come. I'm a big baby, so I'll be crying at all my banquets, and proabably every day for the last two weeks of school. It's really hard for me to accept the fact I won't see my friends and teammates every day. I'm gonna miss my team and all the girls in Mariners. I'm not good at accepting change.
I'm honestly one of the few that CAN wait to graduate. More responsibility? Paying my own bills? Being on my own 24/7? Getting a JOB?! ... Okay, I'm independent, but not THAT independent...
But I know I'll grow into it. I know that as time passes, I'll learn and grow as an adult. But for now... I like being 17 and getting my weekly allowance....

3 comments:

  1. I can agree, I view myself as independent enough to survive while my parents provide for me, however, I think I'm going to die in the real world :( after graduating. The amount of responsibility will come crashing on me as soon as I go to college and/or live away from my family. After this year I can't be as lazy anymore, forced to work more, and actually think, but for now I'm begging senior year to last longer somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also one of the people who can wait to graduate because I've become comfortable here at Mayfair. I'm going to miss seeing my friends everyday because they're who I spent the majority of my time with. In not afraid of having to be independent, but I'm afraid of not succeeding in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel as though I am also in that situation where I CAN wait for graduation. However, it's not that I think I don't want to be "THAT independent" just yet, but that I am slow with catching up with the moment.

    There are a lot of things we are going to miss about high school: memories, people, schedules, and just the overall nature of our surroundings as high school students.

    I honestly think that it's great to have the mentality that we like to be dependent on someone. After high school, we aren't going to be absolutely independent (in a sense). One thing, I am pretty sure you as well as everyone else won't absolutely be on our own 24/7. Throughout the past 17-18 years of our lives, we have become accustomed to try and survive in this world. Just like how humans need food and shelter, that sense of belonging is something we have naturally developed our own techniques to acquire. Whether it is sports teams, social media, and just making friends, we will find a way to receive these feelings.

    On the part of "I'm not good at accepting change," it's very interesting. Change is always happening. We may see it as, "I don't like change." But what if "change" is such an abstract character that we cannot choose whether to like or dislike it? Change is a part of nature, that sequence of cause and effect, response and stimulus.

    After graduation, so many new opportunities will open up. We will meet new people, be a part of a clique (new and old), travel, and be a part of a new adventure. Throughout the next few years, it will become a lot easier to understand, "Oh. I am an adult now." You're quite right that you "will grow into it." That's the way the world works. It's quite amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete