Monday, October 19, 2015

Waiting, but not Waiting.

To be honest, I question the hype behind senior year. Is it the next step of college? Is it the diploma? Is it the graduation ceremony? I honestly do not know, but I am starting to get into this so-called "senior year hype". Although year has already started, I do not feel like a senior. Time goes by so quickly and I feel like I'm still somewhere back in the past. Was it a mistake I made? I don't know. Am I a slow person? Probably. Maybe it's because senior year is a time for me, as well as many of us, to remember everything we've done for the past many years and compare it to where we are now. Everything we have done, no matter what little consequence they have, has shaped who we are. I feel like I am waiting, yet not waiting. Waiting seems like such a simple thing to do yet you can do so much more while "waiting". Waiting for graduation? Don't just wait, do something productive. Life is still going and time is still passing. And if you're just simply waiting, then start finding something new. So that is how I feel for my senior year as of now.

I am currently applying to many colleges such as CSULB, UC San Diego, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and quite a few out of states. The weather in California just bothers me quite a bit, so applying elsewhere seems to give me a little more comfort. I haven't been outside of California much, so I'd like to have an experience that allows me to be on my own. Being close to home is just not my thing for now. 

So... I am going to use this post to reply to a previous blog post by Alexander Dinh. If you haven't read it, if you do you may be able to relate to what he has to say about procrastination.
I am going to be honest here. I forgot about making a blog post until another ERW peer reminded me that we had to do it. Soo.. Yes I am still plagued by procrastination. Procrastination will probably follow me throughout my early adult life, but if I personally find an effective way to deal with it (that has not been mentioned, or has not been made famous) then I will post it on this blog. Go Calculus.

~James Chomchan Gojit.

(Yes that is my middle name).

1 comment:

  1. I feel a drastic difference from what you posted. The senior year hype hit me ASAP this year. Ever since seminar this year has been an amazing roller coaster already and it's only been like a month and a half of school. I feel this year will be amazing and everything will be all over the place but I'd be satisfied no matter the outcome. The title of senior makes me want to do everything I can this year because after this year, I feel like this year is going to be the most memorable moment in my life until my last year in college :D!

    ReplyDelete