Monday, October 19, 2015

Our Last Year

It’s hard to believe that we’re actually seniors this year and we’re going to graduate soon. Probably like everyone else, I’m stressed over college applications. For some reason, my biggest fear is that I’m going to apply to all of these colleges, and I won’t be accepted to any of them even though it’s highly unlikely that will actually happen. This probably comes from my family expecting me to get into a UC. It might also come from some of my friends whose transcripts or extracurricular activities look way better than mine does. I know my grades aren’t that bad and I have joined a couple of clubs, but to me I feel like it’s not good enough and I don’t really stand out.  Sometimes I regret not doing more the previous years, but the only thing I can do now is keep doing my best.  

1 comment:

  1. I am still continuing to finish my application. I want to go to the Personal Statement Workshop on October 24th before I finalize mine and submit my applications. I also have to wait for my October SAT score. So, remember you're not alone in the stressful college application process. As a personal message, I am pretty sure you will be accepted into a lot of the colleges you applied for Nia, so I wish you the best of luck on that.

    Anyway, I am also skeptical about the fact that we are seniors. I mentioned in my own blog post that it doesn't feel like we are, but we just have to catch up with reality sometimes.

    Keep doing your best!

    ReplyDelete