Just like everyone else, I'm starting to work on my college applications and trying to think what I want to talk about in my personal statement. This in itself is starting to freak me out because I'm in shock on how fast time passed. Like I remember being in 7th grade and not having a care in the world or watching my own sister stress on her applications and thinking, "That's a long time from now, there's no point in thinking about it right now." However time flashed in the blink of an eye and I'm exactly where my sister was. Like every decision I make now will affect my future for the next few years and that can be very overwhelming and scary.
Thinking about the colleges I want to apply to scares me because I have anxiety about not finding that one college I've heard people talk about and have the feeling of, "I belong here or I could picture myself here." For some reason I'm not passionate about one specific college and it makes me feel out of place or anxious and scared about the future. I'm usually a pessimist so I'm thinking what if I go to a college and don't make new friends or feel out of place there. That would be the worst 4 years of my life.
The future is just plain scary because we have no idea whats going to happen to us and how our decisions will affect the paths we are taking. But I mean isn't that the exciting thing about the future. It's unpredictable and every day is a new day. Anything can happen. So what I'm trying to say is that yeah it's fine to be scared of the future, in our case college and graduating, but we should be more focused on our new start.
-Avram Arenas
You're totally not alone. I don't really have my heart set on ONE college. At this point I'm just really hoping any college takes me.. lol. Don't feel out of place. Lots of us feel the same way you do. We'll get through it together :)
ReplyDeleteI'm slowly realizing that there are other colleges than the one I have deemed as my first choice. One of the other colleges that I'm looking at is as appealing to me as my first choice. Now I'm stressing about getting into both and having to choose. I'm scared I won't make the right decision and be unhappy.
ReplyDelete