Monday, October 19, 2015

Senior year


So far senior year for me has been absolutely amazing. All through my high school life I thought that I'd have major senioritis, but I don't. I actually look forward to going to school.

I find it very weird that there's some people who aren't enjoying their senior year. I mean its your last year of high school you have to live it up! Being all negative about school will just bring your spirits down. You have to think about it this way, you'll never be given these chances to do these little high school activities in college. 

I don't want to be the "philosopher" of my class, but one should really appreciate this last year of high school. I started realizing this when my friends from class of 2015 graduated, I have not seen them since school started and it really made me think about how we all took for granted the last few months we had together. This was because we were all too busy worrying about homework, tests, quizzes ect. I wrote in my commencement speech about how I used to let the school days flow by at its own pace, not clinging to the past or anticipating the future, just enjoying it day by day. But without realizing it, it was already my senior year. I didn't really take the time to appreciate the amazing memories I had made in the past. It honestly makes me upset and I really wish I did get to.

Thus is probably why I'm enjoying my senior year so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment