I’m in support of people being anonymous online if they choose to be because you can ask people questions and share ideas without people's knowledge of who you are so you get an unbiased response with people on how they feel. Anyone can lie to someone they know personally or in-personally if they're afraid of how their opinion or answer might affect their relationship in the future but I believe you should be honest with people when asking a question or telling them how you feel even if you have to do it anonymously because if you don't you’ll never make progress or reach a resolution with questions or ideas. If we get rid of anonymity more people will suppress their thoughts and if you suppress that you take away from one of the greatest part of human interaction , meaningful conversation.
I totally agree with you Malik. I believe that anonymity should be preserved. I think the ability to have anonymity is helpful in everyday life. For example, when we're little and even to this day. I'm scared sometimes to ask a question in fear that people will think it's a dumb question. The anonymity factor would help people express what their thinking in a way that will allow them to avoid judgment. I think that some people just take advantage of being anonymous and use it to hurt others. I think that as a population overall that anonymity is a good thing.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Malik, anonymity does have benefits... As long as it's used in a positive way. We can gather a lot of information by being anonymous and I agree with you that people will give an unbiased opinion. People are very self conscious and usually want to impress the person asking the question. Yes, anonymity does have a purpose.
ReplyDeleteYou make a good point -- honesty is the best policy. There are definitely topics that not all of us are comfortable talking about -- especially to those we are close to. Anonymity is a great tool to be utilized online for those who are looking for straight answers without having to worry about what people would think of them.
ReplyDelete