Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Anonymity Other Than on the Internet
In an article I recently encountered, a mother described anonymity in a completely different perspective than how I was originally introduced to this topic. She explains that being anonymous is just like being new. When you're the new kid at school, nobody knows you. They have no clue what your interests are, your background, or even why you decided to move to that particular area in the first place. Sometimes, starting with a blank slate is the way people want to live. Nobody can make accurate judgements about you without really knowing who you are. I find it funny how this outlook kind of reflects back to how anonymity works online. Despite anonymity being online or in person, it will always be an important right to have. I just found this mother's insight very intriguing and interesting to acknowledge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree that anonymity is a right. Anonymity should not be removed anywhere. Being anonymous gives you a different audience than what you would normally receive. Your audience doesn't know who you are, and they are only given what you tell them. Obviously there are people out there who uses anonymity for the wrong uses; however, I think anonymity is important and useful to many people who use the internet too.
ReplyDeleteAnonymity is something positive that can contribute to changing a society. Technology is something that is taking over, sooner or later everything is going to be machine operated and technology required. Sooner or later to be financially successful in the United States you need to be used to programing computers and have a lot of background knowledge with technology. Anonymity is something positive to keep and something that will have a positive change in a technology dominated society.
ReplyDelete