Friday, December 4, 2015

The blog should be anonymous

Sometimes I wish that this blog could be anonymous. As so many of these articles we've been reading in class, anonymity can help someone break out of their shell and say stuff they wouldn't say on their own because of fear that they'd be judged or ridiculed for what they say. I can really relate to this because I don't always say exactly what I want either because it's a controversy or just because I worry that "it doesn't make sense" or something. Making the blog anonymous would also give people a chance to read without thinking of the person who wrote it because I know that I always keep the writer in mind while reading just because I picture them actually saying what they write... probably what you are doing right now. I just feel like people could be more open about what we write about and it wouldn't be as nerve wrecking having everyone see what we write.

4 comments:

  1. This is true, I find it much more easier when I'm anon* to speak more freely about things, not only because I no longer have a face or name, but because of the fact that no one will ridicule me irl** as they would if they were to know who I was.
    *anonymous
    **"in real life"
    (sorry, I always wanted little footnotes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to wish the blog was anonymous because I feel like people are silently judging me based on what I post. I would definitely be able to speak more freely given anonymity because I wouldn't be so worried about what others are going to think of me. Basically, I would feel more comfortable being anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I feel like I could honestly write so much more and with an open mind if the blog were anonymous. People are often afraid of being judged so they don't speak what is truly on their mind and it holds them back from so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you. I understand how hard it is to say how you truly feel about some topics because you are afraid of how people will look at you. I also wouldn't feel as scared to write because i don't like people reading my writing.

    ReplyDelete