Friday, December 4, 2015

Responders can be brutal too

Anonymity, though it is a large problem, isn't the only issue. There's also others who reply to such mean comments and are much more brutal than anything an unknown person could say. What if, sometimes, the responders are actually much more vicious and cruel?

I had once experienced a few harsh comments and questions on ask.fm due to a friend I have (we also had super super super small crushes on each other). I was bombarded with you're not a good enough person to be friends with [name], you're too ugly to be his friend or why is he friends with someone like you? I didn't brush them off as I should have, but I did let them get to me. I replied with vulgar responses, cussing them out and telling them they were too weak to not let me know who they were.

Looking back on it now, I didn't need to take it so far. I could have left them in my inbox, going unanswered or even deleted it altogether. But I didn't. I let those dumb questions push buttons of mine and let an unpleasant side of me show.

I still have no clue if they saw it or not, those terrible responses. It should be clear though; anonymous people aren't the only ones that can be mean.

--Baby

p.s. sorry that this isn't saying much about anonymity, I just thought they should sometimes be given slack

No comments:

Post a Comment