It didn't take me long to find my research question. I actually got this from Ms. Fletcher when she said she was curious as to who would take on this question.
Food Waste: What are the consequences and what can we do to limit it?
I started thinking about whenever my mom would tell me to finish my food after I said I was full and try to make me feel bad when she stated that "there are kids in Africa that would appreciate any leftovers I was going to throw away." And it just goes into even more depth than that. Of course, a huge problem is world's hunger and how much food we are wasting that could be given to others, but not only is that an issue, food waste causes problems socially, economically, and environmentally. So far, I've found a lot of information that shocks me.
Just a few facts I've collected on the way:
-40% of the food in America is not eaten and goes to waste
-Not only are we wasting food at home but this takes place in restaurants, grocery stores and factories
-And we think that the amount of food we waste is the only huge problemand, but the type of food we waste can have an even greater effect.
I'm really excited to share and continue researching this question.
No comments:
Post a Comment