Tuesday, March 15, 2016
GMOs
In class, we were only shown the negative side of our modern day food politics. Motivating me to look at the other side that gives reasons why we should trust genetically modified organisms. I've found a number of sources that provide information about how we actually need and already rely on GMOs. Especially in our growing population, it is said that our population will grow up to two billion by 2050. In the article titled "What Role Do GMOs Play in Feeding a Growing Population" on the site fooddialogues.com, it states that,"... if agriculture’s land resources stay the same or shrink, GM seeds can play a vital role in feeding the world while improving environmental sustainability." Just think about it, we have both organic and GM seeds in today's society yet we still have 870 million people who are undernourished. With GM seeds we protect and use less land, keep soil healthy, use less pesticides, and is given the opportunity to enhance nutritional value in foods! There is also no solid evidence that it actually harms people either. So, overall, I'm feeling fairly confident in my research paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm low ball trying to read this in your tone of voice and I can't take myself serious when I get to the exclamation point. hahaha! Up like Donald Trump!(uh) Okay .. Seriously though , I feel you when you supported your claim by what we were slightly restricted from learning in class when you touched on the negative sides of our modern politics. Also when you stated," Just think about it.. " I really started thinking about it and all i can picture is you turning up to Rae Sremmurd.
ReplyDelete