Sunday, March 13, 2016
What Should the Government Do???
As I look and read articles about what the government is doing about genetically modified foods and organisms, I've come to think that the government isn't really doing anything. It seems like they are trying to protect the food industry instead of the consumers buying the products. To be honest, I don't know what they could do to protect or at least make it more apparent that our food has G.M.O's but at least they could make more of an effort. I mean some industries like Campbell's have even been okay with labeling their products despite the fear that consumers won't buy the product as much, so I don't see why the government doesn't put in the effort for our sake. I'm just wondering what you guys want or expect from the government and what they could do for us concerning our food?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the same way about the government and how they don't do much for the average consumers. The reason why they might not do much is the way the big food companies have so much money that they affect how our politicians think sometimes. I expect the government to be behind the average consumer at all times and not just only when someone gets food poisoning from some meat. I would hope they would implement some kind of food labeling or something like that.
ReplyDelete